IRO - Independent Reviewing Officer - Safeguarding/LAC - Manchester - £25ph
We are currently recruiting for a Independent Reviewing Officer to work within a Safeguarding / Look After Children's Team in Manchester. The role of the IRO is to scrutinise and oversee the care, plans and arrangements for children looked after by Manchester and ensure that plans meet the child's needs, permanence is secured and there is no drift in this planning. The IRO will be expected to visit all children before their review to ensure their voices and heard and wishes and feelings are considered in care planning.
Benefits as a Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Competitive rate of pay
- CV enhancement
- Long term contract available
- Unique role
Experience require as an Independent Reviewing Officer:
- The IRO is expected to have good organisation skills and be able to work autonomously and manage their own diary in order to plan multi agency meetings within stat required timescales, visit children, liaise with partners and families and record each meeting within timeframe protocols.
- The IRO will also liaise with senior management in respect of challenging the local authority where drift is identified within a plan for a child or where the proposed plan is not felt to be meeting the young persons needs.
You will be:
- Qualified with extensive post qualified senior social work / management experience
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.