Social Worker - Transitions - East Sussex - £28 to £32 per hour
The Transitions Service at East Sussex are looking for a motivated and proactive qualified Social Worker who is committed to ensuring that the service supports young people and their families to make choices about their future that are individual, timely and appropriate to join our growing team.
If you are positive about enabling young people to move into adult services in a person centred way and have a creative approach to support planning then we want to hear from you. Positive outcomes for clients is our top priority. But we know that to achieve this, you need the support and professional development to make the most of your skills. That's why at East Sussex, you'll find manageable workloads but with a broad range of challenges, excellent training, agile working technology and regular development opportunities
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
- Long term contract
- Shorter day on a Friday
- Stable team and supportive management
As a Transitions Social Worker your duties will include:
- To hold a case load of exclusively transition cases.
- To work under the direction of the Transition workstream Senior Social Worker, the Team Manager, the Service Manager and the Head of Disabilities.
- To progress cases of service users from Children Services to Adult Services.
- To work jointly with Special Education Needs Co-ordinators re. funding matters in cases where joint funding is required.
- To work jointly with Health services within the integrated Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities.
- To attend meetings/set up meetings relevant to the actions needed to be undertaken and to draw holistic support plans with all relevant stakeholders.
- The ability to work closely with families and service users and to promote their views as well as their wellbeing in all interventions.
- To raise and/or manage safeguards raised on any case allocated and to address all relevant matters.
- To be an active part of a vibrant and skilled Transition workstream where other colleagues have extensive experience in this field.
- To present cases at the weekly Risk Panel when needed to request funding for new cases/amended care packages and in this process to be fluent with the cases presented, to be thorough in knowledge of those cases and detailed in relation to understanding of what is required for service user.
- To be able to approach Line Management to discuss complex cases to avoid isolated working and promote sharing of skills and knowledge
As a Transitions Social Worker you should have:
- Experience working in an adult social work post qualified role
- Previous experience of safeguarding investigations
- Fair Access to Care Services knowledge
- Experience of completing reviews and assessments
- Involvement in handling complex caseloads
You MUST have:
- Familiarity of the mental capacities act
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.