Social Worker - Looked After Children Team - Surrey - £33,332 to £38,312 per annum + benefits
Surrey are looking to fill the role of Social Worker on the Looked After Children team. The successful applicant will be carrying a caseload of Looked after Children. You will also be responsible for undertaking investigations, carrying out statutory work, Court Work, and engaging with service users.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working including part-time, job share and home working
- Local government salary-related pension offered
About the role:
- As a Social Worker in a Looked After Children's Team, your aim and role will be to support children living with relatives, friends or foster families and prospective adopters or older children living in children's homes and semi-independent units to ensure their safety and support them towards independence.
- Through regular visits, assessments and reviewing their Care Plan, you will nurture and develop meaningful relations with these children; understand and interpret their wishes, and champion and support them to reach their full potential.
- Occasionally, you will be required to prepare reports and attend court.
- You will be supported in this challenging role with regular supervision, and by working alongside other social workers, family support workers and partnership organisations such as: Health Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Independent Reviewing officers and carers.
As a Looked after Children Social Worker, you will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder