Social Worker - MASH - Southend-on-Sea - Up to £36,153 per annum
My client in Southend requires a Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub experienced Social Worker to join their team on a permanent basis. To apply, candidates should be comfortable managing workload effectively and meeting timescales. Recent experience within assessment teams is essential and and other frontline experience is desirable.
Applicants will have short term experience with an understanding of single assessments, core assessment, initial assessment and other features of the role. Familiarity with signs of safety model is also desirable. Ideal candidates would be able to hit the ground running and fit in well with the team.
Benefits of this MASH Social Worker role:
- £1,000 Golden Hello
- £2000 retention Bonus and £1000 Golden Hello (dependent on experience)
- £2,000 market supplement
- Relocation grant of up to £8,000
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
Duties of a MASH Social Worker:
- Manage a wider, increasingly complex social work caseload including safeguarding, with more autonomy.
- Social workers will demonstrate expertise in one or more areas of social work practice.
- Use range of frameworks for assessment and intervention.
- Provide support for trainees and other employees, including acting as a 'buddy' for inductees.
- Social workers take responsibility for obtaining regular, effective supervision from appropriate Social Worker to ensure effective practice, critical reflection and career development.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and use of knowledge related to area of practice, including critical awareness of current issues and new evidence-based practice research.
- Recognise discriminatory practices and appropriately challenge service users, colleagues and senior staff.
- Maintain knowledge of current team plan and of own contribution in delivering this.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with required Standards including the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (Social Work level).
- Clearly report and record judgements, decisions and analysis using the appropriate system (Protocol / AIS).
Essential Requirements as a MASH Social Worker:
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility tom work in the UK