Team Manager - Transitions - Hertfordshire - £32+ per hour
I am looking for an experienced Team Manager with previous experience in safeguarding and transitions settings, particularly with experience in complex and learning disability services. The ideal team manager will be able to prioritise work effectively, meet targets, supervise a team of 8+ social workers and health professionals, hold safeguarding meetings, provide assistance in the management of caseloads, and will have fantastic legislation knowledge re; Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and Safeguarding. Looking to interview asap.
Benefits as a Transitions Team Manager:
- Long term contract
- Competitve pay
- Pleasant location and building
- Flexible working
Duties as a Team Manager:
- To hold a case load of exclusively transition cases.
- To work under the direction of the Transition workstream Senior Social Worker, the Team Manager, the Service Manager and the Head of Disabilities.
- To progress cases of service users from Children Services to Adult Services.
- To work jointly with Special Education Needs Co-ordinators re. funding matters in cases where joint funding is required.
- To work jointly with Health services within the integrated Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities.
- To attend meetings/set up meetings relevant to the actions needed to be undertaken and to draw holistic support plans with all relevant stakeholders.
- The ability to work closely with families and service users and to promote their views as well as their wellbeing in all interventions.
- To raise and/or manage safeguards raised on any case allocated and to address all relevant matters.
- To be an active part of a vibrant and skilled Transition workstream where other colleagues have extensive experience in this field.
- To present cases at the weekly Risk Panel when needed to request funding for new cases/amended care packages and in this process to be fluent with the cases presented, to be thorough in knowledge of those cases and detailed in relation to understanding of what is required for service user.
- To be able to approach Line Management to discuss complex cases to avoid isolated working and promote sharing of skills and knowledge
As a Transitions Team Manager you should have:
- Experience working in an adult social work post qualified role
- Managerial abilities
- Previous experience of safeguarding investigations
- Fair Access to Care Services knowledge
- Experience of completing reviews and assessments
- Involvement in handling complex caseloads
You MUST have:
- Familiarity of the mental capacities act
- Managerial experience
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.