Social Worker - First Contact Team - Southend-on-Sea - Up to £36,153 per annum
I am recruiting for a social worker to join the First Contact Team in Southend. This role allows the post-holder to work autonomously and manage more complex cases.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
- Relocation grant of up to £8,000
- £2000 retention Bonus and £1000 Golden Hello
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
Duties of a social worker:
- Manage a wider, increasingly complex social work caseload including safeguarding, with more autonomy.
- Demonstrate expertise in one or more areas of social work practice.
- Use range of frameworks for assessment and intervention.
- Provide support for trainees and other employees, including acting as a 'buddy' for inductees.
- Take responsibility for obtaining regular, effective supervision from appropriate Social Worker to ensure effective practice, critical reflection and career development.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and use of knowledge related to area of practice, including critical awareness of current issues and new evidence-based practice research.
- Recognise discriminatory practices and appropriately challenge service users, colleagues and senior staff.
- Maintain knowledge of current team plan and of own contribution in delivering this.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with required Standards including the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (Social Work level).
- Clearly report and record judgements, decisions and analysis using the appropriate system (Protocol / AIS).
Essential Requirements as a Social Worker:
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK