Social Worker - Adults Community - Southend - £36,153 per annum
I am currently recruiting for a Social Worker to join the Adults Community team in Southend. This is a permanent post and brings a range of benefits to the successful candidate.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
- Flexible working where possible
About the role:
- Fixed term until 31/03/2019 direct with the Council - salaried, full time hours. Experienced, qualified candidate to cover secondment.
- We have an exciting opportunity for a fixed term social worker position within the West Locality Team. The locality teams provide assessment and review functions for all age adults and older adults with mental ill health.
- It is essential that you possess a good working knowledge of the Care Act 2014 and Mental Capacity Act 2005. The post holder will need to have a sound knowledge of the SET Procedures for Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and assessment and investigation skills. You will need to demonstrate that you have a proven ability in ensuring that adults and older people are appropriately safeguarded.
- It is desirable that you have some hospital and/or community experience to understand the interface and delivery of care between Health and Social Care, to include a working knowledge of Continuing Healthcare.
- You will be committed to ensuring a culture that adults are at the centre of all decision making and are in control of their lives. You will need to have the ability to work under pressure and deliver quality outcomes.
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK