Social Worker - Adult Learning Disability Team - Southend - £29,909 to £36,153 per annum
I am recruiting for a social worker to join my client in Southend. This role is in the Learning Disabilities team. The social worker will support citizens across Southend-on-Sea (including out-of-borough cases) with the aim to offer the appropriate support when needed.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
- Relocation grant of up to £8,000
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave
- Flexible Working Hours - to suit your personal circumstances and the needs of your department.
- Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
Duties of this Social Worker role:
- To support citizens across Southend-on-Sea (including out-of-borough cases) with the aim to offer the appropriate support in the right place at the right time.
- To understand individual's strengths, assets and wishes to maximise their potential for independence, recognising the importance of assuming that the individual is best placed to know their own outcomes, goals and wellbeing.
- To undertake assessments and to support individuals to develop personalised care
- plans that take account of community assets, informal networks, universal services and other support and provision which reduces dependency.
- To work with health and social care colleagues and other partners by engaging in innovative practice and a visionary approach to creating a better Southend.
- Utilise your creativity and step up to offer your views and opinions
- Act as a catalyst for change, ensuring that solutions and outcomes are based on recognised best practice and innovation.
- Be part of a team that embraces the process of change, participating in effective team working.
- Be an exemplar for high quality complex social work practice, leading through example in your communication style, knowledge, values and person-centred approach.
- Promote critical reflection and participate in group work to ensure that the work environment is safe, responsive, flexible and emotionally capable.
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK