Social Worker - Adults Hospital - Southend - £29,909 to £36,153 per annum
Southend require a social worker to join their Adults Hospital team. The purpose of the role is to work with service users and undertake hospital discharges, carrying out assessments and reviews, while working within a multi-disciplinary team. The successful Social Worker will provide support to the busy hospital teams. Knowledge of the Care Act is an essential requirement.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
- Relocation grant of up to £8,000
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave
- Flexible Working Hours - to suit your personal circumstances and the needs of your department.
- Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
Duties of the Role:
- To work in partnership with Service Users to enable them to live as independently as
- possible within their community.
- To undertake assessments of need with Service Users and their Carers through Self
- Directed Support process and undertake Support Planning.
- To implement the principles of the Mental Capacity Act whilst undertaking Mental
- Capacity Assessments.
- To undertake Continuing Health Care Assessments and Safeguarding investigations
- in line with National and Local Guidance.
- To hold a complex case load and to provide supervision to unqualified staff where
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Knowledge of the Care Act