Social Worker - Disability Enablement Service (0-25) - Waltham Forest - Up to £38,994 per annum
My client in Waltham Forest is looking for a qualified and dedicated social worker to join their Disability Enablement Service. Candidates must be able to work autonomously and to a high standard at all times. This service looks to empower and enable people with disabilities aged 0-25.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
- Retention payment up to £3,000
- Local Goverment Continuous Service
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers - annual savings of £933 on average
Duties as a Disabilities Social Worker:
- To manage a caseload involving the assessment of needs, determining the appropriate support plan / care package and ensuring its implementation to maintain or improve wellbeing.
- To ensure that children and young people and young adults are appropriately safeguarded and to offer advice about safeguarding signs and thresholds to colleagues within the Disability Enablement Service.
- Accurate identification of Children and young people's and Young Adults eligible needs within agreed timescales, including addressing safeguarding requirements for children, young people and young adults.
- Risk to the health, safety and wellbeing of children and the public is effectively identified, evaluated, reduced where possible and recorded.
- Provision of agreed intervention is delivered / co-ordinated in conjunction with identified networks.
- Support to children, young people, young adults and carers is provided to the required standards and timescales.
- Children, young people, young adults and/or carers assessed needs continue to be evaluated. Liaise with other partners where appropriate to ensure this. Timely appropriate action is taken and recorded on any risks identified. Timely transition to relevant Adults services as agreed at panels.
- Implementation of statutory duties where required.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK