Social Worker - Looked After Children - Surrey - £33,665 to £38,312 per annum + benefits
My client in Surrey requires a social worker to join their Looked After Children team. As a Social Worker in a Looked After Children's Team your aim and role will be to support children living with relatives, friends or foster families and prospective adopters or older children living in children's homes and semi-independent units to ensure their safety and support them towards independence.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Social Worker:
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working including part-time, job share and home working
- Local government salary-related pension offered
Duties of the role:
- Through regular visits, assessments and reviewing their Care Plan, you will nurture and develop meaningful relations with these children; understand and interpret their wishes, and champion and support them to reach their full potential
- Occasionally, you will be required to prepare reports and attend court
- You will be supported in this challenging role with regular supervision, and by working alongside other social workers, family support workers and partnership organisations such as: Health Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Independent Reviewing officers and carers
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK