Adult Social Worker - Learning and Physical Disabilities - Birmingham - £24.47/h
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker required for an Adults Learning & Physical Disabilities Project in Birmingham. This role entails mainly reviews of people using day services as part of a modernisation project.
Successful candidates need to have previous experience working in Adults Learning Disabilities or Physical Disabilities and be innovative and prepared.
Benefits as a Adults Learning & Physical Disabilities Social Worker:
- Competitive pay rate
- Long contract
- Great support Structure
Duties as a Adults Learning / Physical Disabilities Social Worker:
- Provide a social work service, to a high professional standard, for individuals, families and groups in an anti-discriminatory manner. Practices social work accountably, within the prevailing legislative framework and local authority policies and procedures, and under the supervision of the line manager.
- Manage a mixed case load, including a significant number of the more challenging cases that involve vulnerable people with complex problems.
- Assess referrals and designs plans for action, liaising with colleagues and other agencies as appropriate. Arranges the delivery and monitors the effectiveness of packages of support to meet people's identified needs.
- Work collaboratively with individuals, families, carers, communities, colleagues and other agencies.
- Undertakes safeguarding investigations, with suitable supervision, attending planning meetings, case conferences and reviews as required and performs a key working role where appropriate.
- Ensure that all recording of social work activity is carried out in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Attend appropriate continuous professional development activities as are required and suitable, in agreement with the line manager and contributes to the professional development of colleagues, for example, through mentoring, practice assessing and in being 'team champion' for specific areas of practice.
You will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme