Social Worker - Transitions 0-25 Service - Hammersmith and Fulham - £30 per hour
Hammersmith and Fulham are looking for a Transitions Social Worker to join their 0-25 service. The candidate must have existing transitions experience which includes adults and children with disabilities. Knowledge of SEN, the Care Act and the Children's and Families act is crucial for this role.
Benefits as a Transmissions Social Worker:
- Competitive Pay Rate
- Long Term Contract
- Supportive Team
As a Transitions Social Worker your duties will include:
- To hold a case load of exclusively transition cases.
- To work under the direction of the Transition workstream Senior Social Worker, the Team Manager, the Service Manager and the Head of Disabilities.
- To progress cases of service users from Children Services to Adult Services.
- To work jointly with Special Education Needs Co-ordinators re. funding matters in cases where joint funding is required.
- To work jointly with Health services within the integrated Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities.
- To attend meetings/set up meetings relevant to the actions needed to be undertaken and to draw holistic support plans with all relevant stakeholders.
- The ability to work closely with families and service users and to promote their views as well as their wellbeing in all interventions.
- To raise and/or manage safeguards raised on any case allocated and to address all relevant matters.
- To be an active part of a vibrant and skilled Transition workstream where other colleagues have extensive experience in this field.
- To present cases at the weekly Risk Panel when needed to request funding for new cases/amended care packages and in this process to be fluent with the cases presented, to be thorough in knowledge of those cases and detailed in relation to understanding of what is required for service user.
- To be able to approach Line Management to discuss complex cases to avoid isolated working and promote sharing of skills and knowledge
As a Transitions Social Worker you should have:
- Experience working in an adult social work post qualified role
- Previous experience of safeguarding investigations
- Fair Access to Care Services knowledge
- Experience of completing reviews and assessments
- Involvement in handling complex caseloads
You MUST have:
- Familiarity of the mental capacities act
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.