Senior Manager - Learning Disabilities - Surrey - £42 per hour
I am recruiting for an experienced and dedicated Senior Manager on Learning Disabilities in Surrey. In this role you will provide operational and strategic leadership for the management, development and improvement of services across Surrey. As the senior manager for this specialist service you will promote consistent and innovative best practice and will be part of the long term development of the authority's all-age learning disability services.
A significant focus of your role will be working strategically with district and borough councils, health partners, care providers and the independent and voluntary sector. You will work alongside specialist commissioners to develop strategic relationships focussed on improving people’s lives.
You will need significant experience in change management and working with adults with learning disabilities. Due to the nature of this role, it is essential that you are a car user. This is a 6 month interim role. You will be required to have an initial telephone discussion followed by a formal interview.
Benefits as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker:
- Long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Supportive team
As a Adults Learning Disabilities Social Worker, you will:
- Act as the key person in case managing a range of service users with learning disabilities and their carers who require additional support or guidance in order to identify their needs and who may need close monitoring or frequent reviews and interventions to minimise and manage risk or where best interest decisions may be required. To provide assistance, guidance and direction to colleagues and assist senior colleagues and managers as required.
- Lead on and complete holistic assessments and reviews of the social care and general health needs of individuals with learning disabilities by working in line with the Council's 'Promoting Independence' commitment. This will be in partnership with individuals, carers, professional staff in other agencies and service providers to establish arrangements and services that meet their assessed needs and promote independence, choice and control.
- Be responsible for all aspects of case management including safeguarding and mental capacity assessments.
- Adhere to the standards of proficiency set by the Health and Care professional Council so that registration can be maintained and learning or development needs are duly accounted for in supervision and appraisals.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.