Independent Reviewing Officer - IRO - Leicester - £40 per hour
We are currently looking for an experience Independent Reviewing Officer - IRO to work in a Child Protection service in Leicester.
Successful applicants will be monitoring cases and the local authorities implementation of all plans for looked after children. You will also statutory safeguarding and looked after systems are effectively implemented. Within this role prescribed timescales are essential when chairing of statutory reviews take place.
Benefits as a Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Full time post
- Stable Authority
- Supportive Management
- Good Transport Links
- Well paid position
- Potential for longer placements
Responsibilities as a Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Consulting with children, chairing review meetings, attending and chairing any meeting in conjunction with the review of a child's case and occasionally chairing other meetings within the Safeguarding Unit
- Monitor the Local Authority's performance in relation to a child's case, checking that the agreed actions are being implemented and in so doing, ensuring that the Local Authority fulfils its duties as a Corporate Parent.
- Decide what actions are necessary to meet the child's needs and to endorse the care plan. Make recommendations towards achievement whilst ensuring that the child's views are clearly understood and taken into account
- Work effectively in partnership with personnel within the Local Authority, key partner agencies, children and young people, their parents and their carers to ensure the coordination and delivery of integrated services which comply with relevant legislation, best practice and promote user centred services
You will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme