Senior Best Interest Assessor - Safeguarding & DOLs – Essex - £322 per day
A Senior Best Interest Assessor is required to join Essex on Safeguarding & DOLs. As a Senior Best Interest Assessor you will be expected to carry out assessment and reviews under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (Amendment to Mental Capacity Act 2005).
The successful Senior Best Interest Assessor must be an experienced social worker and able to practice independently, with a level of autonomy, demonstrating expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control, liaising with a wide range of professionals, including senior levels.
As a Senior Best Interest Assessor, you must have an understanding and respect for individual’s qualities, abilities and diverse backgrounds, promote the rights, dignity and self-determination of individuals who might be deprived of their liberty to identify, challenge and redress discrimination and inequality in all its forms.
The role is underpinned through the 6 key principles Empowerment, Prevention, Proportionality, Protection, Partnership and Accountability defined by the Care Act 2014.
Benefits of this Senior Best Interest Assessor role include:
- Long term contract
- Flexible working
- Competitive pay rate
As a Senior Best Interest Assessor, your main duties will include:
- Supporting staff with technical and professional advice in matters of safeguarding including best interests assessments and being the link between Adult Operations and the Mental Capacity and DoLS Team in Adult Safeguarding.
- Model good practice, setting expectations for others and taking responsibility and accountability for the practice of others and provide quality assurance.
- Contribute to the assessed and supported year in employment programme and supervising the work of junior staff.
- To build on existing relationships with strategic partners as well as across functional areas, undertake capacity-building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations, and contributing their views on service provision to commissioners.
As a Senior Best Interest Assesso, you must have knowledge of the following:
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards 2007
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Care Standards Act 2000
- National and local policy guidance and ability to apply Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards procedures to assessment role.
As a Senior Best Interest Assessor, you MUST:
- Be HCPC registered
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.