Social Worker - Safeguarding & Family Support - Waltham Forest - Up to £38,229pa + benefits
We are pleased to announce that Waltham Forest have a Social Worker vacancy in their Safeguarding and Family Support Team. Waltham Forest’s Children’s Service has big ambitions for the future – and is a place where you can realise yours. If you are a dedicated and creative Social Worker looking to make your mark, develop your career and improve the lives of children and their families, our forward-thinking Families Directorate should be your next career destination.
Benefits of a social worker in the Safeguarding team:
- Retention payment up to £3,000
- Local Goverment Continuous Service
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers - annual savings of £933 on average
About the Role of a social worker:
- To undertake all activity in line with statutory requirements, legislation, procedures & guidance
- Undertake social work assessments that are purposeful, timely and of high quality
- Completion of any relevant reports to required quality standard and within timescale
- Attendance at, and relevant preparation for, any meetings/reviews in regard to case planning for children
- Ensure all work undertaken is in line with, and as required by, the relevant legislation, guidance or procedures
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date record keeping (including electronic databases/client records)
- Facilitate the participation of parents, children & young people
- To uphold and comply with the statutory provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other associated legislation or Council Polices and procedures
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full driving license
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
- An enhanced DBS