Social Worker / Senior Practitioner - Looked After Children Team - Hertfordshire - up to £42,306pa
We are currently looking for a qualified and registered social worker to join a team in Hertfordshire. You will have significant senior level front line experience in a safeguarding team. You will be focused on helping children and families to change their lives for the better. We require candidates who have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings. You will have in depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice. Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
This role is based in Stevenage, Hemel Hempsted or Hertford Area
Benefits of this Social Work role include:
- Competitive salary up to £42,306 pa depending on experience (includes Market Forces payment of up to £4,000)
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
About the role:
- There are 6 Looked After Children Teams in Hertfordshire.
- To provide a range of support for young people to help them come to terms with what has happened in their lives;
- Provide them with a permanent home and help them prepare for work and independence.
- Be fully committed to working in partnership with young people; their parents and other professionals to provide and develop services to ensure their health needs are attended to and help them catch up with their school work.
- Ensure that you work closely with our Children In Care Council who
- are a group of young people who have experienced being in care and help us to continually improve the way we promote the best interests of children.
- This is a varied and challenging role where you will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experience staff. You will have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
- You will have strong written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings. In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
As a Social Worker you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please contact email@example.com