Consultant Social Worker - Assessment Team - Hemel Hempstead - Up to £47,025 + benefits
Are you looking for your next promotion or simply a change? Then we are pleased to announce that our clients in Hertfordshire have a Consultant Social Worker vacancy in their assessment team. Duties of this Social Work role will include working closely with adult's specialists to develop creative multi-disciplinary care plans for children who are subject to child protection or child in need plans.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
- Car lease scheme
- Relocation package of up to £6,000
About the role:
- Ability to undertake child protection investigations and assessments of risk/need, for cases which meet agreed threshold.
- Work closely with adult's specialists to develop creative multi-disciplinary care plans for children who are subject to child protection or child in need plans.
- Inform the Team Manager when they consider care/PLO proceedings may need to be initiated.
- To ensure the Service's procedures for managing risk of significant harm to children are followed at all times, and to seek appropriate advice and authorisation from managers.
- To conduct care proceedings on behalf of the Service with appropriate guidance and authorisation. To ensure reports and statement for court, case conferences and looked after reviews are prepared to a high standard, in time for deadlines and evidence involvement of children, families (including absent fathers) and carers.
- To represent the Service in magistrates, County and High Courts.
- To instruct solicitors, counsel and expert witnesses, in care proceedings with appropriate authorisation.
- To follow the Service's procedures for the authorisation
- HCPC registered
- Social work degree
- Post qualified experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org