Team Manager - Referral and Assessment Team - North West London - up to £51,111p/a + benefits
We are currently looking for a Referral and Assessment Team Manager to join a team in Harrow. Harrow Children’s Services is committed to innovative practice and work to the highest standards to ensure our children receive the right support at the right time. That’s why this post is key to ensuring the right decisions are taken by those working in our ‘Front Door’. The First Response Teams work in a ‘Social Work Pod’ system which creates the right set framework for systemic and reflective practice to flourish.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Team Manager with a recognised professional Social Work qualification (e.g. Degree in Social Work, Dip SW or CQSW) to join the Children and Young People Service at Harrow council. Reporting directly to the head of service the post holder will manage and supervise a team of Social Workers, Senior Practitioners and other social care staff. The post holder will work together with the team to ensure the delivery of service to children in need, including those in need of protection, children looked after, children subject to public care proceedings and, where directed by the court, children subject to private proceedings.
The post holder will ensure the provision of a high quality, cost effective and efficient social work service to children and their families. This will include the delivery of the service is within agreed strategic, operational and financial priorities and that it is in accordance with statutory responsibilities, policies and procedures.
In addition, the post holder will ensure that the key performance targets, as they apply to the team, are met.
Benefits of this role include:
- £1,500 market supplement on top of your annual salary
- £3,000 retention bonus after 3 years of service
- Relocation packages of up to £6,000
- Season ticket loan
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills and experience:
- Significant managerial experience of statutory local authority front line social work services, including children in need of care and protection services etc.
- Extensive partnership work, particularly multi-disciplinary and multi-agency work within a statutory framework
- Experience of managing or contributing to the process of preparing for and participating in regulatory inspection(s) (e.g.: Ofsted or YJB)
- Excellent assessment and analytical skills (including complex casework and ability to undertake audits, investigations and reviews.
For more information please contact email@example.com