Deputy Team Manager - Children in Need Team - Harrow - £41,430 - £44,253pa
We are currently looking for a Children in Need Deputy Team Manager to join a team in Harrow. Duties of this role will include to deputise for the Team Manager as and when necessary and to assist in the execution of all managerial functions relating to the smooth running of the social care teams in Targeted Support.
Benefits of this role include:
- £1,500 market supplement on top of your annual salary
- £3,000 retention bonus after 3 years of service
- Relocation packages of up to £6,000
- Season ticket loan
About the role:
- To deputise for the Team Manager as and when necessary and to assist in the execution of all managerial functions relating to the smooth running of the social care teams in Targeted Support.
- To assist Team Managers in supervising and supporting Social Care staff, to provide a range of family support services for children in need, including those in need of protection, children looked after, those subject to public care proceedings and where directed by the court those subject to private care proceedings.
- To oversee and quality assure complex Parenting Assessments requested by social care teams.
- To oversee and quality assure multi-disciplinary assessments recommended by formal planning process resulting in written statements and verbal evidence in care proceedings.
- To take responsibility for developing skills, expertise and knowledge for a wide range of practice issues and to provide consultation, coaching and mentoring within the Team, and across the Service as a whole. This will include taking responsibility to maintain and develop professional links and leads with partner agencies and the voluntary sector.
- To improve the quality of work done by social workers; including effective case management, purposeful evidence based interventions, analytical assessments and high quality written work.
- To provide reflective supervision to Social Workers and Social Care Staff including Students
- To develop specialist areas of expertise as required, for example – early permanency, family justice reforms, early help and safeguarding. Multi-agency working and evidence based social work.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org