Social Worker - Adults Learning Disabilities - Southend-On-Sea - £29,909 to £36,153 per annum
A vacancy has arisen for a qualified social worker within the Adult Learning Disability Team. The successful social worker will undertake Care Act assessments and will support and review adults with a Learning Disability via Self Directed Support with a view to supporting them to achieve greater levels of independence and to achieve agreed outcomes.
You will have significant support from the Team Manager, 2 Practice Leaders and social work colleagues, many of whom have significant experience of working with adults with a Learning Disability.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
- Prestige local authority
- Supportive and well contented team
- Manageable but diverse case loads
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Knowledge of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, self-directed support, Carefirst, NHS Continuing Healthcare and experience of undertaking safeguarding investigations is essential.
- The successful candidate will need to use a strengths-based approach to social work practice and will work closely with all partners across Health and Social Care to ensure that there is effective coordination of interdependences including the management of and resolution of risks and other issues that may arise.
- The post holder will need to have excellent awareness of self and others and be able to work effectively with a range of staff groups and partners across the system.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous post-qualified experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org