Senior/Social Worker - Prevention and Intervention Team - West London - £32,628 - £41,025 per annum
West London are looking for a senior social worker to join their Prevention and Intervention Team. The team aim to stabilise the family unit by providing holistic support services and intervention that meets the needs of the family under a Child in Need or a Child Protection Plan.
If you are passionate about providing good quality services to vulnerable children and families and keen to join our team you'll need to be flexible, highly motivated, an effective communicator with a non-judgemental approach and well able to build trust and maintain strong relationships with families and partners.
Good IT skills and organisational skills are also key attributes which you will need in order to work in a paper free environment and make good use of our technology.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
- Generous holiday allowance
- HCPC registration renewal fee paid
- Retention payments
- Free car parking
- Car pool or mileage allowance
- Mobile working with a smart-phone and laptop
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Salaries in the top quartile
- Up to £2k retention allowance
- Practice Educators allowance of £1.8k
About the role:
- Manage a wider, increasingly complex social work caseload including safeguarding, with more autonomy.
- Demonstrate expertise in one or more areas of social work practice.
- Use range of frameworks for assessment and intervention.
- Provide support for trainees and other employees, including acting as a 'buddy' for inductees.
- Take responsibility for obtaining regular, effective supervision from appropriate Social Worker to ensure effective practice, critical reflection and career development.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and use of knowledge related to area of practice, including critical awareness of current issues and new evidence-based practice research.
- Recognise discriminatory practices and appropriately challenge service users, colleagues and senior staff.
- Be responsible for proactive measures in response to emergency safety and liberty issues.
- Demonstrate cost-consciousness in the application of available resources.
- Maintain knowledge of current team plan and of own contribution in delivering this.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with required Standards including the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (Social Work level).
- Use a wide range of evidence sources to inform decision-making.
- Clearly report and record judgements, decisions and analysis using the appropriate system (Protocol / AIS).
In addition to the typical activities of a Social Worker a Senior Social Worker will:
- Manage social work caseload of more complex nature and with high levels of autonomy.
- Provide expert professional and technical advice to other Social Workers, managers, colleagues and partners.
- Provide professional supervision of other Social Workers (circa 3-6), supporting caseload management and promoting reflective practice and continuous professional development.
- Demonstrate skilled use of range of frameworks for assessment and intervention.
- Model and help others develop social work professionalism and effective caseload management.
- Establish network of internal and external colleagues to support effective practice.
- Prepare court proceeding reports acting as expert testimony in Care or Private Order proceedings.
- Participate in Panel processes.
- Chair professional meetings with inter-agency partners and clients.
- To produce management information and analysis.
- Participate in team planning and contribute to the delivery of team and service plans.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with required Standards including the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (Experienced Social Worker level).
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK