Social Worker - Children's Assessment and Safeguarding Team - Wokingham - £35ph
We are looking for a Social Worker to joing a Children's Assessment and Safeguarding Team in Wokingham. Wokingham is a small Authority which offers good support for social workers with their work, there is good management support supervising fortnightly to go through cases. Higher Management is on site and there is good support for immediate decisions on cases if necessary depending on the level of the case.
The Assessment and Action Team, undertakes up to 45 day assessments of section 17, section 47 cases. The turnover of cases is high and caseloads are averaging around 20 - 25 cases. The Assessment and Action Team will take cases to Initial Child Protection Conference and to Court if necessary. The work is very varied with undertaking single assessments, initial child in care processes and also initial Court work. The Assessment and Action Team work very closely with The MASH and will attend any strategy discussions held. There is a duty system within The Assessment and Action Team which means that a social worker will be on a duty rota and expected to deal with duty matters from The MASH and within The Assessment and Action team.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
- Stable Team
- Regular supervision
- Autonomy in role
- Training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Long term contract
- Opportunity to advance into management
Duties of this role include:
- You will be conducting Core Assessments and work with children who are the subject of Child Protection Plans
- Taking on Court Work and managing cases where children are the subject of Care Proceedings.
- Core Assessments
- Child protection meetings
- Case conferences
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK licence holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme