Social Worker - Torbay - Children's Services - Safeguarding and Supporting Families - £30,756 to £33,136 -
New and exciting vacancies are now available in Torbay Council for Social Workers based on the Safeguarding Team within Children's Service's. This is a great opportunity for qualified social workers to join a progressive local authority whilst developing their career.
You will be required to create positive relationships with families, children and colleagues, demonstrate sound abilities in risk assessment and planning, mediation, negotiation and problem solving. You will receive good management support with a focus on your professional development, a competitive salary, subsidised parking, the opportunity to be part of a talent management programme, good administrative support and cutting edge technology, to enable you to capture information whilst out in the field and upload onto case management systems automatically.
Torbay is now progressing well in its improvement journey, teams are smaller and as a result staff are more effectively supervised and supported. Caseloads are manageable, there is good administrative support and a keen focus on continual professional development for experienced social workers and a specialist induction programme for all newly qualified staff.
We are particularly keen to hear from Social Workers who are ready to move on from their current post, learn a little more, and advance their career.
Benefits of working for Torbay Council include:
- Flexible working policies
- Generous leave entitlement (pro-rata), 25 days per annum rising to 30 days after five years continuous service, plus bank holidays
- Local Government Pension Scheme including life insurance cover of 3 times final salary pay
- Training and Development
- Excellent support for all staff including regular supervision
- Local and national staff discounts
- A childcare voucher scheme
- The purchase of tax free bikes.
- Staff Discount Travel Scheme
- Personal Relocation Package
- Key Skills retention bonus of £2000 for every 12 months of service (frontline positions)
As a Social Worker, You MUST be…
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A UK Driving licence holder
To find out more about this position or to apply, please contact Zoe Davenport on 0161 974 1673 or email her at email@example.com