Senior Practitioner - Family Safeguarding Team - Hertfordshire - Up to £42,306 per annum
I am recruiting for a Senior Practitioner to join the Family Safeguarding team in Hertfordshire. The team work in many different ways, offer advice and support to help parents set their own goals and to work towards achieving those changes that will improve their lives to allow children to grow and develop within their own families.
As a qualified and registered social worker, you will have significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team. You will be focussed on helping children and families to change their lives for the better. We require candidates who have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings. You will have in depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
Benefits as a Senior Practitioner:
- Competitive salary up to £42,306 pa depending on experience (includes Market Forces payment of up to £5,000)
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
About the Role:
- As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice. Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
- This is a varied and challenging role where you will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experience staff. You will have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
- You will have strong written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings. In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous post-qualified experience