Senior Social Worker - Fostering - Stoke on Trent - £29.93 per hour
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Social Worker to join a Fostering Team in Stoke On Trent.
In this role as a Senior Social Worker your main duties will be to assess needs, plan, and deliver interventions to safeguard children, acting within statutory guidelines.
Successful candidates will be responsible for providing supervision to Foster Carers and have experience of Form F Assessments and undertaking Initial Screenings.
Benefits as a Fostering Senior Social Worker:
- Agency staff have the same access to training and development opportunities as contracted staff
- Turnover of permanent staff is good compared to the rest of the region. Staff report that they remain working for Stoke as they feel well supported by managers and other team members at all times.
- Agency staff benefit from parking permits and can request enhanced flexible working in line with the benefits offered to contracted staff
- Great transport links
- High chance of contract extension
- Friendly supportive and stable management and teams
- CSC works in a system of pods of which there are 43 across the service. Pods are led by a Practice Manager (3 pods) and are made up of social workers, social work assistants and a pod coordinator who provides administrative support. Pod meetings are held once a week to share thinking, decision making and offer support.
- The overarching practice approach is Systemic Practice with Signs of Safety being the practice model.
- Average caseloads are 25-30 for safeguarding teams with a requirement to do duty once every 8 weeks. Children in Care Teams have a caseload 25-30 with a minimum of 2 care proceedings. Case allocation to agency staff is treated the same as that of contracted staff with consideration being given to caseload complexity / travel required etc. when allocating.
- Work is currently underway with the aim to reduced caseloads across the service
As a Fostering Senior Social Worker you must be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme