Social Worker - Children with Disabilities - Preston, Lancashire - £28 per hour
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced social workers to join the Children with Disabilities Team to cover areas of Preston, Chorley South Ribble and West Lancashire. Candidates will ideally have previous practice experience in children's services and have thorough understanding of safeguarding procedures. Knowledge or experience of working with Children with Disabilities would be advantageous, but not essential.
Experience would be desirable in the following areas:- PLO, Mental Capacity assessments and Deprivation of Liberty, Pathway planning, Transitions planning, CLA processes and CP processes. You will need to have excellent communication skills and be used to working in a multiagency way. Good understanding of the vulnerabilities of disabled children and the need for robust assessment is desirable, as is the need to be clear about commissioning and using resources equitably.
Your report writing skills will need to be of an excellent calibre, and you will also need basic literacy and grammar skills. You will need to be flexible and supportive in your role, and prepared to work additional hours to meet the needs of the business when expected. As a result of geographical catchment area, you will also need to be an essential car user and prepared to travel fair distances (mileage expenses will be reimbursed). Transparency in practice is essential as is good time management.
Benefits as a CWD Social Worker:
- Excellent rate of pay
- Long term contracts available
- CV enhancement
- Supportive team
As a CWD Social Worker , you will have experience of:
- Section 47s
- Knowledge of CWD would be desirable but is not essential
- Initial assessment
- Liaising with Clients and Professionals/Agencies
- Risk assessment
- Experience of working on a duty Desk
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
As a CWD Social Worker, you will:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be registered with the HCPC
- Have a full UK licence with access to personal vehicle
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme