Social Worker (5 vacancies) - Increasing Independence Project - Islington - £28 to £32 per hour
Islington are looking for five Social workers to join them in a new project named Increasing independence. This project is designed to empower their service-user population and decrease care packages where it is felt that this could be more beneficial to the service user. The service have already identified a number of service users who they would like to engage, in most cases, they are service users where they have small care packages that they may no longer need due to ongoing recovery, and in some cases they are large care packages which it may be appropriate to reduce for similar reasons.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent and empathetic communicator who can put service users at their ease at a time when they may be worried about their changing circumstances, as well as being confident liaising with commissioners and MDT/Hospital teams.
Knowledge of Manual handling practices is essential as well as creative thinking and a holistic approach. Confidence using LAS will be particularly desirable. Pay will be within the Memorandum of Understanding rates and the project is projected to last for around six months.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
- Long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Supportive team
Duties as a Adults Community Social Worker:
- Dealing with complex and varied cases
- Completing Safeguarding enquiries
- Completing fact finding and full investigations
- Assess service user in Hospitals, Care Homes and their own Homes
- To manage a workload with the support of senior colleagues in accordance with the directorate and other agency policies and procedures.
- To identify the needs of clients and mobilise available resources as appropriate.
- To provide professional assistance and guidance to colleagues within the directorate and other agencies as appropriate.
- To ensure that records are kept in accordance with the policies and procedures of the directorate and other agencies.
- To maintain and develop communication and cooperation with colleagues, individuals and groups in the community and other statutory or voluntary agencies.
As an Adults Community Social Worker, you MUST:
- Be HCPC registered
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be available to work 37 hours a week
- Be good with IT systems
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.