Social Worker - Looked after Children (LAC) - Somerset - Up to £35 p/h
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to work in a Looked After Children Team in Somerset.
As a LAC Social Worker you will undertake assessments of, and provide support to, Adopters/Carers within the parameters of local and national guidelines and standard. You will also deliver the range of statutory duties owed to these young people, having particular regard to quality and timeliness. Providing a range of resources within the Directorate and undertaking duties specific to the specialist team the candidate is allocated to, such as Adoption, Fostering Assessment or Fostering Supervision. You must have the ability to prioritise and work with competing deadlines and changing demands. To understand and interpret legislation to meet service requirements. Ability to think creatively and enthusiastically in developing and contributing to social work plans.
Successful applicants will need to use judgement and authority to intervene with individuals, families and communities to promote independence, provide support and prevent harm, neglect and abuse. The successful candidate will have experience in writing reports, working with Public Law Outline, initiating S47 and confidence in court arena. This is a fantastic opportunity for social workers in a well-managed team.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Social Worker:
- Excellent pay rates
- Flexible working
- Excellent Management opportunity
- Laptop and phone provided
- Stable Local Authority
- Regular supervision
- Autonomy in role
- Training opportunities
- Long term contract
As a Looked after Children Social Worker, you will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.