Social Worker - Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub - Hounslow - £31,794 to £38,994 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join our team.
The Multi Agency Service Hub acts as a service within Hounslow Social Care Front Door. The MASH has both onsite and virtual partners its primary function is screen/collate Intel regarding Contacts that are received to identify the most appropriate outcome.
The Social Care team within the MASH is made up of 5 Social Workers and 2 Managers. The MASH supports remote working and has a track record for developing staff.
Benefits as a MASH social worker:
- Annual Leave - 24 days (rising to max 30 days). Plus 8 days Bank Holidays and 3 days Christmas closure.
- Working from Home - Work Smart scheme gives employees greater flexibility around managing their own workloads.
- Training and Development - West London Alliance Training, AYSE Scheme, Direct Work Training Scheme and Specialist Training.
- Flexible Working - Including job share and part-time working options
- Relocation Package - £8,000
- Pool Cars - Zipcars for exclusive use by staff at business hours, vehicles are reserved for staff between 8am and 6pm every working day.
- Season Ticket Loans - Interest free loans for the purchase of annual British Rail and London Regional Transport Underground and Bus Season tickets from home to place of work
- Mileage Payments
- Employee Benefits - A range of discounts and benefits available across a range of companies for employees.
- Staff Wellbeing Services - Access to Occupational Health, an Osteopath/Chiropractor and Employee Assistance Programme.
Key Responsibilities as a MASH social worker:
- To make threshold decisions in-line with MASH Guidance on Contacts and utilize key screening tools which ensure the best decisions are made for children and their families.
- To attend or lead multi agency meetings and consult with professional's in respect to threshold decisions and act as a conduit between the MASH and services where applicable
- To undertake time limited Social Worker Assessment specific to Housing and Joint CAMHS Assessments and progress to the Intake team where necessary
- To contribute to the development of the service, contribute to quality assurance functions and practice standards within the team
As a MASH social worker you will be expected to have:
- An ability to review, screen Contacts and records in a timely manner to formulate an evidence based threshold decisions in a concise form
- Have excellent phone communication skills with both parents and professionals to extract pertinent information to support decision making
- to remain consistent in approach to decision making, to work well both as an individual and within the team particularly given the workload volumes
- to have broad knowledge base in respect to child abuse, ill-treatment or neglect and be able to differentiate between varying levels or risk and need.
Essential for the Role:
- Social Work qualification
- Extensive statutory experience
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK