Team Manager - Fostering Team - Southend-On-Sea - Up to £48,508 per annum
An excellent new permanent opportunity has become available in Southend. To ensure Southend Borough provides a professional fostering service, by being responsible for the efficient and cost effective provision of a needs-led fostering service to children, young people and their families you will manage the Private Fostering and SGO provision within Southend.
Benefits as a Fostering Team Manager:
- Relocation grant of up to £8,000
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
- Fully funded training
- Free parking
- Relocation Package
- Diverse and balanced caseloads
- Regular supervision and team meetings
- Family environment & flexible working
- Promote from within
- Excellent Staff benefits package
General Responsibilities as a Fostering Team Manager:
- Manage the team responsible for the provision of services to children and young people, ensuring that services are delivered to a high standard and any child protection concerns are responded to appropriately.
- Manage the operation of an effective referral and allocation system, ensuring that all relevant documentation is available and current for children looked after by in house foster carers or in external fostering or residential provision.
- Implement service strategy and performance and ensure its contribution to the council's objectives.
- Act as agency advisor to the fostering panel
- Provide formal, professional supervision to staff on a monthly basis as a minimum, ensuring that appraisals are undertaken, identifying skills gaps or training needs.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to and that the council fully complies with its statutory requirements, e.g. The National Minimum Standards and Fostering Regulations; Private Fostering Regulations and SGO regulations.
- Monitor performance, standards and quality of work to ensure that the Council complies with policy and procedures and professional standards. Consistently review the performance of the team to ensure that the council embeds a culture of continuous improvement and restorative practice.
- Ensure that the fostering services acts as an integral part of Children's services, supporting other workers and ensuring the provision of an integrated high quality service.
- Ensure the recruitment, assessment, training and supervision of foster carers, ensuring that the diverse care needs of looked after children by Southend Borough Council are best met.
- Actively manage complaints in a timely and professional manner and ensure that capability issues are addressed robustly and appropriately with staff.
- Oversee budget allocation for the team, authorise payments to an agreed level, ensuring that expenditure is kept within the available budget.
- Provide information, reports and analysis as and when required for senior manager.
- Act as a member of placement & resources management team, attending meetings and contributing to decision/policy making.
- Drive forward new initiatives to meet a changing demand in the fostering service
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous experience in managerial roles