Social Worker - Adoption Team - Trafford - £25.02 per hour
I am recruiting for a social worker to join the Adoption team in Trafford. The service provides and delivers a quality service for prospective adopters including robust assessments and analysis, preparation training and on-going support. The service also maintains close links with each of the local authorities to ensure children with a plan of adoption find a stable, strong adoptive placement in a timely manner with the appropriate support to ensure success.
Your social work skills, knowledge and experience will enable you to assess prospective adopters and also understand the child's needs and wishes in order to progress the plan of adoption resulting in the best outcome possible for children and their adoptive families.
Benefits as an Adoption Social Worker:
- CV Enhancement
- Mileage Expenses
- Supportive Working Environment
- Highly Competitive Rate of Pay
The successful Adoption Social Worker will have experience of:
- Understanding of the Adoption regulations (with preference for experience in this area although not essential)
- Assessment of the needs of children
- Providing support to families in need
- Form F Assessments
- Conducting initial visits
- Taking cases to panel
- Liaising with other professionals
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases
- Viability assessments
- Carry a caseload of children for whom adoption is, or may be, the plan and undertake all aspects of twin track planning prior to final decisions in court proceedings about the long term plan for the child’s care
- Be responsible for preparing Child’s Permanence Reports for the Agency Decision Maker and contribute to court reports relating to the proposed family finding plan for the child.
- To contribute to pre placement planning and preparation with the child and their prospective adopters
- To support the child and adopters once the child is placed undertake the statutory functions in supervisions the placement prior to an adoption order being granted.
- Contribute to the development of the team and of Trafford’s adoption service
- Be a qualified level 3 social worker, experienced in multi-agency working, with at least 2 years’ post qualifying experience of working in children’s services
- Be an excellent communicator with a firm commitment to providing a high quality service to adopters and children
- Be expected to be part of the team’s duty system on a rota basis.
- Be expected to contribute to the ongoing development of the SGO support team, and provide ‘long arm’ support to these families.
- The Children, Families and Wellbeing Service are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes