IT Service Desk Engineer- Manchester
Up to £23,000 per annum
Independent Clinical Services (ICS) is one of the UK’s leading healthcare staffing providers. As well as being a fast growth company, ICS is widely recognised as a great company to work for. Our commitment to employee development through training, personal development plans, professional qualification support and career progression, has resulted in excellent retention levels.
Due to the continued growth of our business, we are currently recruiting for an IT Service Desk Engineer who will act as the interface between all technical responsibility, and both internal and external customers.
As an IT Service Desk Engineer you will:
- Be able to understand and manage priorities, handle pressurised situations, and work well autonomously in an office supporting 150+ users.
- You will need excellent customer service skills coupled with a technical service desk background.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for faults, work requests and proactively seek resolutions for users.
- You will keep users informed of progress and deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
- Support both internal and remote users.
- Provide the customer interface to the IT Service Desk via face-to-face, telephone and electronic communications.
- Logging of Service Desk calls, ensuring all the fields are completed, assigning the correct priority status to the call.
- Working to ITIL best practices.
- Take responsibility for faults and work requests. Proactively seek resolutions for customers; keep customers informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
- Provide technical support on all IT related matters aimed at resolving the majority of incidents at first point of call using advanced diagnostic techniques, system administrator rights and remote control of desktops.
- Ensure the company IT audit system is kept updated when hardware and software changes are made.
- User account creation for domain, email and application accounts.
- Support the company front and back office applications.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging hardware and software technologies.
- Maintain a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
- Efficiently manage any other IT related duties required
- Travel to branch offices within the UK to provide support when required.
- May be expected to work hours between 8am to 6pm when required to cover on-call periods. (Note that these on-call start and end times may change)
Key skills included:
- Microsoft operating systems
- Microsoft Office applications, computer hardware, printers, phone systems, and good working knowledge of network typologies and CRM tools
- Opportunities for IT training, including ITI