Senior Social Worker - Looked After Children - Tameside - Up to £26.88 per hour
A senior social worker is required in Tameside on the Looked After Children team. This role requires candidates to have extensive post-qualified experience in statutory children's services. The successful applicant will be carrying a caseload of Looked after Children. You will also be responsible for undertaking investigations, carrying out statutory work, Court Work, and engaging with service users.
Benefits as a Looked After Children's Senior Social Worker:
- Low case loads
- No court work
- Supportive management with regular supervision
- Small, tight-knit teams
As a Looked after Children Social Worker your duties will include:
- Looked After Children Reviews
- Attending Court and Court Reports
- Statutory Visits and Tasks
- Planned Meetings
- Working with Plans of Adoption and Attending Adoption Panels
- Case Management
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Completing statutory visits to looked after children and ensuring their needs are met within their agreed placements and their voice is heard and incorporated into all planning
- Seeing the child/young person alone and seeing their bedroom as part of all statutory visits
- Completing relevant and up to date assessments to inform planning for all looked after children
- Completing court statements and attending court where necessary
- Completion of pathway assessment for children due to transition to leaving care team
- Facilitating and providing evidence for care planning meetings where necessary
- Ensuring PEP reviews are attended regularlyUpdating ICS system to ensure all relevant plans and actions are evidenced
- Ensuring written evidence of all work is completed in a timely manner
- Working closely with family and other professionals to ensure the holistic needs of all Looked after children are met.
- Working as part of a team and being part of a duty rota system.
- Working flexibly in order to meet the needs and of the service.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.