Head of Service - Children's Social Care – ICS Assessments - £475 Per Day - Manchester - 3 Month Contract
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Service to join a dynamic private children's service who are committed to improving outcomes for children.
ICS Assessments are the largest commissioned provider of children’s social care projects across England. Currently managing over 1400 children in several local authorities they now look for someone with strong leadership and operation skills to help achieve their goals over the next 3-5 years.
They will consider candidates with a variety of experience so this is a great opportunity to change direction and springboard your career.
Benefits of working for ICS Assessments include:
- Fantastic growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work in a new and exciting market
- Central modern offices with great transport links
- Working for the market leader with nationwide coverage
- Bonus incentive scheme
- Work days out and team building
- Holiday incentive
As a Head or Service you will have experience of:
- To ensure all projects are delivered to completion on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of all parties, expectations to be exceeded wherever possible.
- To identify, reduce and manage all risks, both internal and external (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
- Lead, manage and have overall responsibility for ensuring that high quality and safe services, systems, policies and procedures are in place to safeguard and meet the needs of children and young people to improve outcomes and future life chances.
- Ensure that strong quality audit and assurance systems are in place and that projects and services delivered by the division meet Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) standards.
- To be fully accountable, both internally and externally, for all work undertaken for children allocated to the services(s). Where required, represent the division at formal proceedings in relation to individual cases
- Monitor performance of the projects in accordance with contracted KPI’s and quality standards, this includes the monitoring of throughput of assessments and rejection levels; taking remedial action and escalating where necessary
- Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate.
- Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings
As a Children's Head of Service, You MUST be:
- Social Work Qualification (Masters in Social Work BA/BSc, Diploma in Social Work, CQSW).
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council Standards (HCPC).
- Comprehension of Children Act 1989 and 2004 and the impact on service delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of policies, statutory regulations and guidance relating to safeguarding and child protection.
- Knowledge of the underlying causes of vulnerability and aspects of effective safeguarding of vulnerable children and their families.
- A current valid UK driving licence and use of a car for work purposes
For more information please contact email@example.com