Social Worker - Practice Tutor - Children's - NON CASE HOLDING - Midlands - £30ph
We are currently working on a direct non case holding Practice Tutor role. As a Practice Tutor / Social Worker you will be working closely as a peer to share effective ways of working, and developing the social work curriculum to training consultant social workers in the children's social work sector. Practice Tutors will be responsible for educating the participants in their local authority unit each unit comprises of 4 participants.
The successful Social Worker will have advanced social work practice skill, experience of developing others and a commitment to educating a new generation of social workers. This role requires a developed ability to offer connections between theory and practice and a keen desire to be involved in applying evidence informed practice models. The role also requires an ability to offer emotional containment and support to participants and CSWs.
Benefits of the role as a Practice Tutor / Social Worker:
- Can be based in any of the organisations Midlands offices, which ever is most convenient for you. Office bases are in (Leicester, Derby, Staffordshire and Birmingham City Centre)
- Only need to be based in office 1 day a week
- 4 days home working apart from when visiting social workers
- Excellent opportunity to move away from Local Authority
- Non-Case holding role
- Do not need to have a practice educator award
- Access to all training
- First week includes a paid shadowing week
Key responsibilities as a Practice Tutor / Social Worker:
- Undertake practice visits t including attending unit meetings, running unit teaching sessions, and holding individual tutorials with participants.
- Completing direct observations of practice, providing detailed and timely feedback and marking assignments required for the academic course.
- Leading regular reviews of participants' progress.
- Marking of written assignments.
- Addressing issues of concern regarding the participants.
- Work closely with relationship and development managers and Heads of Region to manage relationships key to ensuring suitable practice learning conditions in the local authority
- Support the CSWs leading the Units to role model best practice, be effective practice educators and complete necessary actions for the delivery of the programme.
- Use coaching and mentoring techniques to support CSWs to be effective in their leadership, management and practice educator roles so that they can work through the challenges they will experience
- Support CSWs throughout the year in leading consistently high quality unit meetings that embed systemic practice, motivational interviewing, and social learning theory.
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.