Independent Reviewing Officer - Children's Services - Bromley - £39,315 - £46,022p/a
Children’s Social Care at the London Borough of Bromley is on a journey of change and improvement and they are seeking an independent reviewing officer (IRO) to join them.
We are looking to recruit an IRO to provide a child-centred practice in the development and improvement of children’s looked after services.
Working closely with the group managers of quality assurance, you will review children's plans in a way which leads to improved standards of social work practice and outcomes for Bromley children. You will hold a caseload of children and young people from diverse backgrounds, building solid relationships with them and the team around them.
Benefits of this IRO role:
- Eligibility to join our excellent lease car scheme
- £2,000 annual retention
- £2,000 Golden Hello
- Guaranteed professional development days
- Membership of the local government pension scheme
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Discounted gym membership
- Staff discounts on hundreds of high street shops and restaurants through our “Lifestyle” benefits scheme
- Salary sacrifice scheme – make savings on the costs of childcare as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Responsibilities as an Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Consulting with children
- Ensuring that the voice of the child remains central to care planning
- Challenging the progress of planning when it is not improving outcomes for children
- Promoting partnership working to improve the lived experience of the child
- Chairing review meetings
- Attending and chairing any meeting in conjunction with the review of a child's case
- Occasionally chairing other meetings within the safeguarding unit
- Working effectively in partnership with personnel within the local authority, key partner agencies, children and young people, their parents and their carers
- Ensuring the coordination and delivery of integrated services which comply with relevant legislation
You will have:
- A social work qualification
- Previous experience as an IRO
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- A UK license and vehicle
For more information please email email@example.com