Social Worker - Corporate Parenting / LAC - Waltham Forest - up to £38,994p/a
There is an excellent opportunity to join one of Waltham Forests corporate parenting teams. They are looking for a highly talented and ambitious social worker to join them in their collective efforts to re-shape their service delivery.
Working for Waltham Forest Council will ensure you have regular contact with your supervisors, personal learning and development opportunities as well as having a manageable caseload (amongst the lowest numbers in the country).The corporate parenting service pulls together the case work and the provision to focus on permanence for every looked after child.
Waltham's social work units, called Practice Support Groups (PSG), will be 0 – 25 years, reducing transfers and handovers.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
- Generous annual leave
- Competitive annual pay
- Pension Scheme
Duties of a LAC Social Worker will include:
- Supporting children living with relatives, friends or foster families and prospective adopters
- Ensuring the child/ren's safety and supporting them towards independence
- Conducting regular visits, assessments and reviews of care plans
- Understanding their wishes, and championing and supporting them to reach their full potential
- Occasionally, you will be required to prepare reports and attend court
- Eligibility to work within in the UK
- Qualified as a social worker with HCPC registration
- Completion of the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
For more information please email email@example.com