Social Worker - Children's Assessment - Luton - £28 per hour
We require an experienced Social Worker to join a Children's Assessment Team in Luton.
The postholder will receive and co-ordinate complex referrals, undertake the resulting assessments/devising care plans, arranging action and reviewing services for children and families, including influencing the direction of future services.
Candidates will need to have had RECENT experience within the below areas:
- Referral & Assessment exp
- Neighbourhood teams exp
- Intake assessments exp
- Child Protection
- Care Proceedings
Benefits as a Children's Assessment Social Worker:
- Supportive Team
- Laptop and phone provided
- Regular supervision
- Autonomy in role
- Training opportunities
- Long term contracts available
Duties as a Children's Assessment Social Worker:
- Complete professional assessments of need and risk in respect of service users and carers using the Department of Health and Luton Borough Council criteria for children in need and significant harm. Taking the lead role and responsibility, you co-ordinate the multi agency approach to prevent and address child protection issues and children in need.
- Undertake statutory duties under the Children Act 1989 and other legislation and guidance relating to service users and carers e.g. care proceedings, arrangements for adoption/permanency, risk assessments and investigations in relation to the protection of children. Including arrangements for obtaining and carrying out Court Orders, attending court as the Council's representative and providing instruction to legal counsel.
- Plan professional intervention using the appropriate available resources ensuring needs are met through negotiation and consultation with professional colleagues and service users. Promote anti discriminatory practice and the empowerment of service users.
- Keep appropriate case records, statistics and information. Provide case reports and witness statements for Court when required, accountable to the requirements of both internal/external agencies inline with Luton Borough Council Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that the needs of service users are regularly reviewed and changes in circumstances and newly identified needs are addressed. This will necessitate organising and chairing multi agency meetings
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.