Team Manager - Child Protection & Safeguarding - North East London - up to £50,000k + benefits
Our client in North East London are looking for a new team manager to hit the ground running in their children's safeguarding and child protection team. This is a great opportunity to step into a new position which offers a permanent contract with great benefits.
For this role, you must have previous experience of working as a team manager or assistant team manager for a children's social work team.
Benefits of this TM role:
- Local government continuous service
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers - annual savings of £933 on average
As a CP & Children's Safeguarding Team Manager, you will be required to:
- Plan, maintain, manage and develop statutory social work and other related services in accordance with relevant legislation, policies, guidance and procedures
- Ensure staff effectively safeguard children & young people, ensuring that their voices are heard in all engagement processes
- Ensure that all team members receive effective induction, supervision, appraisal and support
- Be available for consultation and advice on complex case matters where required, taking a lead role where appropriate
- To ensure that standards, targets and timescales are met in relation to case allocation.
- Manage staff in line with local performance management schemes and target
- Take appropriate action in managing performance, sickness and disciplinary issues in line with Council policies and procedures
- Be responsible for allocation of work within the team
- Authorise budget expenditure within agreed authorisation limits
You must have:
- HCPC registration
- Previous management experience of a children's social work team
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Excellent knowledge of CP & child safeguarding
- A full UK license
For more information please email email@example.com