Team Manager - Youth Offending Service - Bromley - up to 46,022pa
This is exciting opportunity to join the London Borough of Bromley and be part of the Youth offending management team.
You will be committed to ensuring and achieving the highest professional standard of effective practice in Youth Offending Service (YOS). You will manage and motivate a multidisciplinary staff team, having oversight of their work and a comprehensive understanding of safeguarding children and young people.
Safeguarding will be a key aspect of your role: you will ensure the principles are in place to manage risks posed by the behaviour of young people as well as other risks.
You will have an impressive track record of management in a social work or criminal justice system setting, this will be complemented by a professional qualification in social work* and registered with the social care council (HCPC).
Above all, you will have the drive, passion and commitment to making a difference to the lives of our children and young people. In return you will receive supervision, support, and benefit from our high quality development training programme.
You will have the opportunity to innovate as we strive to improve the lives of the children and young people.
Benefits of this Social Work role include :
- Competitive pay
- Pension scheme,
- Flexible working practices
- Wide range of unique discounts
- £2,000 annual retention payment,
- £2,000 Golden Hello
- Lease car
Duties as a Youth Offending Team Manager:
- Supervision and direct line management of staff within the respective service area, providing support, supervision, allocation, monitoring and appraisal and evaluation of the work undertaken and deal with any capability and disciplinary issues.
- The mentoring of team members, setting and monitoring targets and objectives and balancing skills with ongoing training and development to ensure a fully effective team. Organisation and allocation of areas of work, ensuring that staff maintain up-to-date records of all work delivered.
- Assist in the planning of workload activity and in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the levels of activity.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Previous YOT experience
- Previously have worked as a Youth Offending Team Manager / Senior
For more information please contact email@example.com