Service Manager - Hospital Team - Hillingdon - £57,627 - £61,737pa
We are currently looking for a Service Manager to join a Hospital Team in Hillingdon. We want to ensure that people with disabilities and older adults are given excellent services and have the right information, advice and support to achieve independence, choice and control. The Council has developed its Social Work profile, underpinned by the Professional Competency Framework, to ensure quality outcomes for service users and is committed to upholding the Standards for Employers of Social Workers in England.
Hillingdon is on an exciting journey of continual improvement. Having just remodelled our structure to improve outcomes for adults and deliver the best possible service, we are now looking to complete our leadership team.
Come and be part of our newly established leadership team, where we are both visible and accessible, whilst working in an agile and flexible environment.
Benefits of this Service Manager role include:
- Local government average salary pension scheme
- Free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- A 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- Generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a Credit Union
- On-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- Access to a wide range of training and courses
- Discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- Payment of professional fees where these are required
- Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf course
Duties of this Service Manager role include:
- As Hospital Service Manager, you will manage 2 team managers contributing to a dynamic Integrated Discharge Service, working as the conduit between Hospital and Community Health Partners. This role reports to the Head of Adult Social Work: Hospital and Localities. You will lead and contribute to strategies and initiatives to progress and identify further opportunities for integration with health.
- Come and bring in your ideas, your personality, your energy and dynamism to help us strengthen even further our learning environment in which excellent social work practice can flourish.
- You will join a supportive, professional environment, driven by a commitment to deliver excellent social work practice, with an absolute focus on quality outcomes.
- You will be a confident, able and knowledgeable HCPC registered Social Worker with significant operational experience at a senior manager level. You will be highly motivated and have recent experience of managing frontline Social Work managers, as well as being able to work with health colleagues to develop innovative approaches to care and support.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org