Quality Assurance Manager - Merton - Up to £45 per hour
A Quality Assurance Manager is required in Merton. The main purpose of the role is to develop, deliver and promote effective and robust quality assurance processes across Children's Social Care to ensure improvements to practice and service delivery and support improved outcomes for children and young people.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership, development and implementation of an overarching strategy for the Children's Social Care Quality Assurance Framework which is efficient in its use of resources and accords with published policy, legislation and procedure.
- Good Transport Links
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Competitive pay rate
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take lead responsibility for the collection, analysis and interpretation of all audit and quality assurance management information and its publication/dissemination to relevant audiences.
- To take the lead responsibility for ensuring that the monthly Case Audit by Managers is carried out and that the information gathered is analysed, collated and published as appropriate.
- To support the Service Manager QA&PD in scrutinising management information and identify, in conjunction with senior managers, areas of shortfall and excellence in service delivery and professional practice, and to take the lead in disseminating key findings from audit and identifying any necessary changes in policy and practice.
- To support an understanding of the impact of Merton's learning and improvement work through the involvement of service users, including carers and minority ethnic groups, in feedback and audit processes, ensuring that families are able to participate in the development and review of practice and quality assurance.
- To support managers to fully disseminate audit findings within the staff group in the Children's Division through presentations and undertaking practice development .
- To act as an expert adviser and lead on improvement activity , supporting operational managers and practitioners in identifying and learning from areas of good practice and offering targeted support where practice requires improvement
- To undertake and supporting learning from complex case reviews
- To supervise the Practice Lead for Signs of Safety and support the evaluation of the impact on practice of Signs of Safety and systemic practice across the organisation
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous experience in a similar role
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.