Interim Assistant Director - Social Work (Children's Services) - Merton - up to £660 per day
We are currently looking for a strategic lead for children and young people's safeguarding team in Merton. This role is a family-focused child protection and children's social care in Merton within CSF and across Merton's partnership arrangements ensuring that the Council's statutory duties in relation to safeguarding, child protection, children's social care and youth inclusion are effectively met. One of the main duties of this role is to support the delivery of: the LSP's and Council's strategic plans and priorities; Merton's CYP Plan; Safeguarding Partnership Business Plan; and council and departmental and service business plans.
Benefits of this Social Work role include:
- Good Transport Links
- Great Opportunity for Career Development
- Competitive Pay Rate
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure the effective delivery of all operational children, young people and family services under your line management including: child protection and safeguarding; adoption and fostering; looked after services; specialist family support services; and integrated youth services.
- Provide professional leadership for children, young people and families to promote family wellbeing and ensure children and young people are effectively safeguarded and protected from abuse and neglect and ensure a culture of continuous improvement across the safeguarding partners in relation to all areas under your professional leadership and portfolio.
- Ensure that the Council, and partners are compliant with all statutory requirements and receive appropriate advice and relevant guidance relating to: child protection; safeguarding, family wellbeing and all other matters as appropriate to the portfolio.
- Lead on the development and delivery of services to support permanency for C&YP ensuring Merton's Fostering and Adoption Services are compliant with regulations and inspection requirements.
- Ensure resources are deployed effectively and the divisional budget, overall, is kept within balance in order to meet the Council's visions, aims and priorities.
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme