Local Authority Designated Officer - Wokingham - Up to £43 per hour
The successful candidate will have a Social Work qualification e.g. Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent, recognised by HCPC, and will need to have considerable knowledge and experience in the application of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, standards and procedures relating to child protection and safeguarding children. It is desirable for the candidate to have experience of chairing child protection conferences and knowledge of the Signs of Safety practice framework.
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.
- Supportive management
- Long contracts available
- Competitive rates
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the Authority fulfills its obligations for managing allegations against staff and volunteers working with children in accordance with relevant procedures.
- To provide advice and consultation
- Oversee cases until conclusion, maintain records and provide quarterly reports
- Providing cover for the Independent Chair function within the team, chairing child protection conferences.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.