Team Manager - Child Exploitation (CSE) - Permanent - Southend - up to £48,508p/a
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Southend-on-Sea for a fixed term Child Exploitation Team Manager within the Adolescent Intervention and Prevention Team, which is a new multidisciplinary team within Children’s Services.
In this role they are focused on supporting those children identified as being most at risk of criminal or sexual exploitation. In this team you will work closely with other providers within the borough, including statutory social care, Police, Safeguarding Children Board, schools and other teams within Youth and Family Support Services (YFSS), amongst others, to prevent the sexual exploitation of children.
This CSE Team is responsible for working with all young people identified as being at risk of CSE in Southend and includes offering information and advice to other services, working within the early help framework, undertaking section 47 investigations and managing child protection plans.
This is a fixed term maternity cover contract to start in March 2019 until 31st December 2019, pro rata to the 10 months.
Benefits as Child Sexual Exploitation Team Manager:
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Savings of up to £900 on child care vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
- Flexible Working
Duties as a Child Sexual Exploitation Team Manager:
- Being responsible for a small number of social workers
- Being the operational lead for Child Exploitation within the Children’s Services workforce and undertaking the Child Exploitation work plan
- Providing a professional service within the Social Work Teams by being responsible for the efficient and cost-effective provision of a needs-led service to children, young people and their families
- Providing high quality social work practice advice and input to Team Managers, Senior Practitioners, Social Workers, Children & Families Workers and administrative staff
- Providing advice, support and training in relation to Child Exploitation, Honour Based Abuse, Female Genital Mutilation and Forced Marriage
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Qualified as a Social Worker
- Statutory experience in CSE
- Experience as a social work team manager
For more information please contact email@example.com