Social Worker - Adults Community Team - Barking and Dagenham - £30 - £32 per hour
We require an experienced Social Worker to work in a Adults Community Team in Barking and Dagenham.
In this role as a Social Worker you will carry out assessments of care needs by supporting adults with social care needs on admission in the hospital. The aim is for them to maintain their independence by offering them and their carers informed choices and control against the background of assessed positive risk taking.
Benefits as a Adults Community Social Worker:
- Well connected team
- Long-term contract
Responsibilities as a Adults Community Social Worker:
- Undertake person-centred assessments that respect dignity and choice and promote independence. This includes risk assessments, mental capacity assessments and contributing to multi - professional assessments when appropriate. My assessments are underpinned by the Care Act 2014.
- Identify adequate personal budgets by using an assessment tool (AIS) with a built in resource allocation function
- Developing support plans to recommend appropriate care packages to meet service users identified care and support needs
- Organise service provision at cost effective prices while effectively meeting legal requirements.
- Promote the utilisation of preventative support and universal services including assistive technology (Telecare).
- Utilised available social capital, including families and voluntary organisations when possible.
- Ensure that it is fair and accessible to all; whilst adhering to relevant eligibility criteria; challenging anti-discriminatory practices and promoting the Customer First ethos across London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council.
- To recognise and support carers in their role, while enabling them to maintain a life beyond their caring responsibility
- Taking responsibility for resolving service user queries and responding to requests, within service standards and time frames.
- Work collaboratively within a multi-agency / multi-professional setting with relevant statutory agencies for example health service colleagues
- Work with the Police, as well as Third Sector organisations involved with supporting service users.
- To undertake adult safeguarding investigations in accordance with London Borough of Barking and Dagenham's policies and procedures.
- Contribute to and sometimes lead multi-disciplinary assessments and case conferences as required.
- Providing detailed and professional responses by implementing protection plans, upholding standards and within agreed time scales.
- Carry out NHS Continuing Healthcare checklist
- HCPC registered
- Social work qualification
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- A full UK licence
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes