Business Development Consultant - £35,000 basic salary + Competitive Commission Scheme
ICS Assessments is a specialist division of the Independent Clinical Services Group. ICS Assessments works with award-winning recruitment consultancies specialising within the Social Work and Healthcare industry. We are a consistently fast-growing business and have forecast further aggressive growth this year so we are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic business development consultants to join the business at this exciting time.
As a Business Development Consultant your primary responsibility will be to generate new projects within Children’s & Adults’ Social Work sectors. This will involve business development, networking, generating new leads, up-selling current projects and having commercial knowledge of the industry. You will work closely with the Project Delivery team and in particular our Heads of Service, who will accompany you on relevant client meetings. You will be responsible for liaising with the Project lead to ensure the projects are suitably staffed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Account Management and Development
- To network and grow the database of key contacts and decision makers in organisations in your assigned areas
- Responsible for business development via range of methods such as generating new leads, marketing emails, networking events and tenders
- Responsible for costing each project using the relevant tools/models and presenting to the Sales Director for approval.
- Responsible for arranging and attending face to face meetings with key stakeholders
- Responsible for collating and presenting proposals to decision-makers within client accounts
- Identify and select future Project Leads with relevant expertise
- To identify and liaise with the Sales Director regarding new business opportunities within current projects
- Develop and maintain market intelligence of industry trends and competitor analysis in order to understand demands faced by clients
- To liaise with the Project Delivery team to ensure projects are correctly implemented to the clients requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that the highest possible levels of customer service are maintained with key stakeholders.
Success will be measured against
- New business wins secured and GM
- Effective relationships with senior individuals in client/target accounts.
- Qualified meetings arranged with above (target 1 per week).
- Quality of proposals/presentations.
- Effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Minimum of 12 months Recruitment experience
- Proven track record of business development
- Proven track record of building strong client relationships
- Experience of working within healthcare/social work sector would be desirable but not essential
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Logical, analytical and strategic approach to sales
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Able to handle information in confidence and with discretion
- Professional and pragmatic approach
- Proactive and motivated
- Strong team player with enthusiastic, ‘can do’ approach
- Able to be flexible about working hours due to travel on occasions