Social Worker - Adoption Services - Permanent - Southend-On-Sea - up to £36,153 + benefits
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council are looking to recruit an experienced, qualified social worker for their adoption team. The council is a unitary authority based in the heart of the town centre offering traditional seaside living that makes it a great place to live and work. It is accessible via 2 train lines form Liverpool St and Fenchurch Street.
Your team will consist of 5 social workers, a manager and 2 administrators to cover all aspects of adoption work. You will be involved in the recruitment, assessment and support of prospective adopters. Alongside this, you will have the opportunity to be involved in finding families for children requiring adoption and in supporting the child’s social worker in negotiating through the adoption process.
- A relocation grant of up to £8,000
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
The Adoption Team's main tasks include:
- Parallel Planning cases under PLO and in care proceedings for adoption
- Completing of CPR's and Placement Order Applications
- The placement and support of adopters during foster placements
- Statutory child care tasks for looked after children
- Court work
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Valid driving licence and car available for business use
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree
- Knowledge of child protection, looked after children and associated child in need social work practice issues
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
For more information please email email@example.com